Mindful Marketing: The 7 Keys To Connect With Your Audience
Have you heard of mindful marketing?
Mindful marketing is a movement that tries to adopt a conscious approach in our marketing strategy, seeking to generate a positive social impact and align with the values that matter most to the audience. Adopting its principles can not only give a whole new meaning to your work but also help you connect with customers in a much more authentic way. For this reason, today, I want to tell you what mindful marketing is and the keys to incorporating it into your brand.
From Mindfulness To Mindful Marketing
Throughout the history of marketing, our way of understanding this discipline has evolved at the pace of society.
In its beginnings, the marketing was focused on products; As Henry Ford said, “a customer can have his car any colour he wants, as long as he wants it to be black.” Then we focused on the consumer and adopted the maxim “customer is king”. And now, as a response to a more conscious society, we are beginning to value the human factor and values and focus on providing solutions to societal problems. Conscious marketing asks how it can improve people’s lives through a company or a project and what benefits it can bring to the community and society in general.
Mindful marketing has its origin in mindfulness, a relaxation technique that encourages us to focus on the present moment and become aware of our emotions and thoughts. Its objective is to relieve stress, reducing the frustration and anxiety caused by situations we cannot change. In the world of marketing, this philosophy translates into business management that seeks awareness, intentionality and connection at all times.
To begin with, the most critical aspects of mindful marketing are solidarity, honesty, care for the environment, awareness, intentionality, connection with potential customers, and giving meaning to the company beyond financial results.
Mindful marketing brings multiple benefits to brands, such as:
- Humanize the company. Not only sales figures are taken into account, but also the impact on people and the environment.
- Connect more and better with customers: we are creating a transactional link and an emotional relationship.
- Improve brand identity: we have more and more companies competing for online consumers, so betting on mindful marketing can become a key differentiating element.
- Loyalty to users: It is easier for users to identify with the brand and become prescribers by emphasizing values and connection.
- Improve relationships within the company. The benefits of mindful marketing reverberate with customers and extend to other areas of the company, such as team relations.
7 Keys To Connecting With Your Customers Through Mindful Marketing
- Discover your brand purpose and mindful marketing; your entire strategy is based on understanding your “why”. Your company must have a reason to exist beyond financial results; otherwise, you will not be able to give a conscious meaning to what you do. Once this “why” is established, we can continue defining what exactly we want to achieve and how we will achieve it.
- Define your values
Values should define your DNA; they are present in our daily lives and determine our way of being and working. Specifically, they are these three:
- Admire People: Believe that humility and respect are two fundamental components for personal and professional achievement.
- Always Find a Better Way: Always want to go further in what you do. your mantra should be “always learning” and “always testing”.
- Customer Experience Freaks: Don’t just meet customer expectations; strive to exceed them.
- Empathize with your customers
Understanding customers on a personal level is essential to responding to their needs. These are some of the questions you need to ask yourselves to carry out an “empathy map“:
- What does your client think and feel?
- What do you see in your environment, in your friends and the market?
- What do you hear from other people who influence you?
- What does he say and do?
- What are your fears, frustrations and obstacles?
- What results do you want to achieve?
- Promotes wellness
Mindful marketing seeks to connect with customers from outside doors and create a happy company culture.
Believe that happy companies promote autonomy and flexibility, which is why you must launch initiatives such as work by objectives, flexible hours or telecommuting. Use a tool called “the traffic light of happiness”, which will help you assess the emotional state of your team.
- Be transparent
The only way to connect with your customers authentically is through honesty.
Today, consumers are very wearied by traditional advertising and know how to quickly detect companies with double intentions. If you want to reach them, you have to be willing to admit your mistakes and show your human side.
To generate stable and long-term change, you have to go to the cause problems and delve beyond the symptoms.
Mindful marketing involves a commitment shown through actions and not just words. Prioritize a speech that promotes values and reality and do your best to make your promises come true.
After conscious action, conscious reflection must come. We have to assess what results are having our mindful marketing actions and see if they are correctly aligned with our values and what changes we should introduce. Thus, we will continue advancing step by step to change the world for the better.