Employee Training: How To Plan And Organize Successful Training Measures
Train Employees, But How? Process, Tasks And Forms Of Personnel Training
We all know the saying: You never stop learning in life. This is also and especially true at work. Employee education and training of employees are crucial for the staff, and the company also benefits from regular training its employees. You may be wondering: How do you properly train employees? Or are you looking for tips on how to plan and conduct internal training well? Here we have summarized the essential things about employee training for you.
What Is Employee Training?
In general, training courses for employees are measures that serve to impart knowledge and acquire skills for performing specific activities in a company. Employee training is a form of professional development and an important area of lifelong learning: Internal training and employee training courses help us continue developing and acquiring new knowledge even after we have finished school and apprenticeships.
What Are The Tasks And Goals Of The Personnel Training?
A company can only be successful in the long term if its employees have the necessary knowledge and skills. Employee training helps to ensure that the staff can perform efficient and high-quality work.
Personnel training may be necessary when a new employee starts at the company: As part of the onboarding process, internal and employee training courses provide specialist knowledge for the new job and ensure smooth familiarization. Training measures can also accompany personnel changes in the company: If an employee changes to a new position within the company, internal training can provide the necessary new specialist knowledge.
In this way, companies can react flexibly to personnel needs with employee training. Innovations in the company, such as introducing new software, are often accompanied by employee training. Especially in the age of digitization, regular training measures guarantee
However, the company benefits from employee training because the knowledge gained from further training is applied directly to work. Personnel training also increases employee satisfaction: Training for employees can counteract frequent layoffs and increase the employees’ motivation and willingness to perform. Especially in sectors with a shortage of skilled workers, training measures as part of employer branding can make the employer more attractive and stand out from the competition.
Both sides benefit from employee training: The company because the staff can continuously perform efficient and high-quality work with the help of training measures. And the employees, because they can develop professionally and experience appreciation. Training employees is, therefore, a sensible investment in a company’s competitiveness, and the costs for this usually pay off quickly.
Document processes and write work instructions: Use documentation and work instructions for employee onboarding and training.
Produce effective training materials: Improve your productivity and effectiveness with professionally created training materials. Find out which formats work and how to edit and integrate screenshots and images.
How Do You Plan And Deliver A Successful Training Activity?
Before you compile the content for the employee training, you must first clarify the basics such as the needs, the target group and the general conditions. These steps are necessary to train employees successfully:
- Needs analysis: What need for new expertise or new skills does your company have? What skills do you need to teach or develop further so that your employees can continue to contribute to the company’s success?
- Target group: How is your target group made up? Who is the employee training aimed at? What prior knowledge are you building on? If you train employees with a lot of previous knowledge, the group can be more prominent, and the time can be more limited than with employees with less prior knowledge. There is probably more need for explanation and questions to be answered here.
- Resources: What resources and what budget do you have available? Can you do the training in-house? Do you have the necessary technical equipment? Do you have experts who can put together and conduct the employee training? Or do you need to get external help?
- Materials: Once you have clarified the primary goals and framework conditions, you can plan the content. Ensure that the training content is tailored to the target audience. Ensure a meaningful alternation between input and lecture and output and practical exercises. Check whether the training measure is suitable for a flexible e-learning offer, for example.
- Evaluation: After conducting the employee training, it is vital to check that the originally defined goals match the results. Get feedback from your employees to further develop and improve your training activities.
Create excellent training videos for your company: Learn about the different training videos and how to edit and enhance your videos to get your viewers actively involved.
What Forms Of Employee Training Are There?
The form of staff training depends heavily on the purpose and goals of the staff training. A distinction is made between seminars for a group of employees, individual coaching and flexible e-learning. What all forms have in common is that they can be carried out either as internal training or as training by an external provider, with internal training usually being more cost-effective:
- Seminar: The most common form of employee training is to educate a group of employees on a pre-determined topic. An expert leads this seminar group to learn specialist knowledge on this topic. Input and theoretical components often alternate with practical exercises. Seminars of this type can take place both on-site and remotely.
- Individual coaching: In contrast to training a group of employees, only one employee is introduced to a new topic in individual coaching. Internal training as personal coaching can be used, for example, for an internal job change or onboarding.
- eLearning: E-learning offers are suitable for organizing training measures flexibly in terms of time and location. Online courses and webinars are designed and prepared so that they can be attended independently of time and place.
Also Read: Employee Communication: This Is How Communication In The Company Promotes Your Success